On 19-09-2000 at 02:59, BillG kindly wrote:
> Karin Spaink wrote:

>> [See? Progress! I made my own Tabs! Auto-wrap on,
>> auto-format off, I give <cr> and then add three spaces. The
>> standard 8 that TB's editor uses as a tab are bit too much
>> for my taste anyway. And I've discovered Alt-L too. You
>> people are indeed helpful.]

> Oh Cool!  Alt-L !!  That is the feature I was looking for!

Funny that I was able to give you a tip. I only started
using TB on Staurday ;-) Then again, I was informed about it
here.

> My only question: why is that feature so well hidden?  I don't see under
> any menus.  I would never have know about it, except for this thread.

Something with "Block". But for the life of me, currently I
can't find this menu. It had four options to be exercised on
blocks (i.e. paragraphs), that much I remember.

<searches>

Within a message that you're composing, right-click the
mouse. Third but last item is "Block type" but that's not
the one that you want. But the Help file does list
key-stroke block commands:

Mark the beginning of a block   Ctrl+K B
Mark the end of a block         Ctrl+K K
Copy the block to Clipboard     Ctrl+Ins or Ctrl+C
Cut the block                   Shift+Del or Ctrl+Xl
Paste the block from Clipboard  Shift+Ins or Ctrl+V
Paste the block from Clipboard as quotation     Alt+Ins
Read the block from file        Ctrl+K R
Write the block to a file       Ctrl+K W
Move the block left to right    Ctrl+K I
Move the block to the left      Ctrl+K U
Switch block type to stream (default)   Ctrl+O K
Switch block type to column     Ctrl+O C
Switch block type to linear     Ctrl+O L
Justify the block or paragraph  Alt+J
Align the block on left end     Alt+L
Align the block on right end    Alt+R

- K -

--

'When I make a word do a lot of work like that,'
said Humpty Dumpty, 'I always pay it extra.'