On Saturday, September 23, 2000, 11:31:08 AM, katsmeow wrote:

> I have a new laptop with Windows ME on it.  I am planning to reformat,
> partition my drive into 3 drives and then re-install ME on one drive
> and Windows 2000 on one drive.  The third drive will be a data drive.

> I intend to install TB on both the Windows 2000 and ME drives so
> that I can access use it from either drive.  I want to maintain
> data (mail, etc.) on the third drive however so that it will be
> available whenever I use TB.

> Is this possible?

That's exactly what I'm doing, not just with TB, but most of the
applications and my data (except I use Win98 instead of Win ME, and
I've more partitions for other jobs.)

> How do I need to set up TB to do this?  Do I just
> put the Mail folder on the third data drive?

Basically, yes, that's all it takes.

> What registry changes do I need to make?

Nothing serious, if you don't care about those tiny interface
discrepancies between the two setup (Window size and position and
such things).

One small caution, though. Remember to synchronize the version of
the two setup, especially the two program files (TheBat.exe). I use
the Win98 environment so rarely that I often forgot to update the
applications on it. As a consequence, my Bat in Win98 sometimes gets
so outdated that it couldn't recognize the filter file (Account.srx)
generated by the current version, and kill it without warning me.
It's only a little annoying since I have backup of all my data file.
Otherwise I would have to re-create all my filters.

Ming-Li

The Bat! 1.47 Beta/5 | Win2k SP1