On Friday, November 03, 2000, 8:45:10 AM, ztrader wrote:

JA>> Close down TB and rename the .tbi file of the offending folder.
JA>> This should recreate the index, and hopefully your messages
JA>> will come back to life.

> I tried that earlier (saving a copy of the original file, too) but it
> did not seem to help.

I'm out of tricks and out of wits. :(

I suspect the .tbb file is itself corrupt, if it's true that you can
see those disappeared messages with an editor and deleting the .tbi
doesn't work. (Please do try again, just to make sure.)

Please backup both the .tbi and .tbb files, and try to compress the
folder. If the .tbb file is corrupt, there should be some sort of
error message when compressing it.

Or, please turn on the Size column in the message list pane if it's
not one. Check if any message is unusually big. I once had one
corrupt message and many other messages were mistakenly treated as
part of that message. It happened when I imported my old mail from
OE to TB, and it was corrupt in OE. That never happens again.

Ming-Li

The Bat! 1.48 Beta/1 | Win2k SP1