On Thursday, November 02, 2000, 8:28:39 PM, ztrader wrote:

> I seem to have lost a folder. It had about 100 messages. I read it an
> hour or so ago. Just did an alt-f2 to get all mail and was reading
> through the various folders, and this folder was listed as having only
> one message that just came in!

So the folder isn't missing, but messages in it are, right?

> I thought this can't be right, and checked the actual file dir on the
> disk. There is a pair of files about 1.4 megs - about right for 100
> msgs or so. I don't compress or remove msgs. Any ideas as to what
> happened? Why can I see only one msg?

My first instinct is that you unintentionally "set up" a display
filter. Do you know that you may click on any field of a message in
the message list pane while holding down the Alt key, and create an
instant display filter?

E.g., in your TBUDL folder (if you have one), find a message by
yourself, and click on your own name while holding down the Alt key,
then TB would show only messages from you. This is one of my
favorite feature about TB.

To undo it, just hit ESC or "Ctrl =".

Ming-Li

The Bat! 1.48 Beta/1 | Win2k SP1