Hello Olivier and other TBUDL's,

On Friday, January 05, 2001 at 00:03:12 GMT +0100 Olivier Reubens wrote on "Multiple
email everything.":

OR> 1) If I have received an e-mail into one of the mailboxes of an
OR> account which ISP I'm not connected to at the moment, I CAN
OR> retrieve the mail, but when replying it'll fail (relaying denied).
OR> I can solve this from the mail-edit window via Options, Active
OR> account, but I need to change it for each message.  Is there a way
OR> to "lock" which account to use for sending messages.  I don't mind
OR> the originating address to mismatch the "from" address which they
OR> will reply to.  Most aren't smart enough to figure out how to
OR> obtain the real originating address anyway :-)

I've finally managed to read my way through the complete thread, but I
still don't understand why you can't use the SMTP-server of one of the
web-mail providers offering SMTP-by-login and then

1) set up TB with only *one* account

or

2) set up TB with just as many account as *you* want (not as many as
the amount of your ISP's dictate!) and then use only this *one*
SMTP-server for your account.

Both of these solutions would allow you to send from *one* SMTP-server
no matter where you were connected, and would thus save you the
trouble of

1) Changing smtp-servers when changing connection

2) Setting up filters, columns etc. for more than *one* account!

Have I missed something?! If I haven't - and this looks like a
solution for you - , you could use the SMTP-server of
webmail-providers like www.myrealbox.com , www.gmx.net , www.yahoo.com
or  www.operamail.com .

Since all of these services also offer POP/IMAP-retrieval from TB, you
can collect all your mail-traffic on one of these accounts, and, thus,
enjoy the additional bonus of being able to read all your mail where
ever you have access to the web - not just on your TB-PC!

Best regards,

Jannik