Thursday, May 10, 2001, 12:57:40 AM, IronHand wrote:

> Hello!

> As an answer for Your letter, I would like to write:

I>>> Well, I don't understand what You mean. The Bat! is not OS. I'm a
I>>> little confused...

>> TB! isn't an OS but it *is* a program like an OS :-). In an Open Source
>> world every program is available in it's sources; there are no
>> differencies between OSes and apllications.

> It is not! Open source program is OS because in most causes author wants
> Everybody to look in code and help him posting bugs with fixes ;)))

It is, it's high quality like all OS progs :)
OTOH, he doesn't OS it because he wants other people to barge
in and fix the bugs for him, it's OS so that people can
contribute to it, adding functionality for example. Basicaly
it's *for* the people *from* the people.

--
        If Bill Gates had a dime for every time a Windows box crashed...
                     ...Oh wait, he already does.