Hallo Eddie,

On Tue, 30 Jul 2002 14:23:36 +0200GMT (30-7-02, 14:23 +0200GMT, where
I live), you wrote:

EC> Here my two questions:

Actually I see three questions. ;-)

EC> - How are you handling/organizing your two Account in the
EC> 'collect' account?

I'm using five different accounts and twenty plus addresses in a
similar way. The reason for this originated from a licensing issue in
the past, but I really don't see any major advantages for one master
account above five or six normal accounts, except maybe some
synchronization of mail collects.

EC> - How must the 'collect' account be set up to handle both (or
EC> later more) account?

Just like a normal account, I suppose. I haven't done anything
special, apart for filters for every address (both incoming and sent)

EC> - Where do I store the Certificate for each of the accounts (e.g.
EC> Y!a1, Y!a2, ...)

Don't know, don't use those.

EC> Please Note: the Name of the 'collect' Account should never be
EC> show - also not in the Header.

That's not that complicated. For every folder you can insert an
identity (Name, address, reply-to), so you can manage that on a per
folder basis _without_ using folder templates. The only headers you
can't control are those inserted by the relaying smtp-servers.

As far as your sending problem is concerned, find an isp that allows
every outgoing address as long as you connect via it's own
connections. Or find an e-mail provider that allows any outgoing
address as long as you use 'pop before smtp'. My own solution is
running my own smtp-server, but that shouldn't be necessary for you.

If I'm right, you need to assign a mime-certificate to an account. But
you can use the additional accounts for sending only. In that case you
select the composing account with the %account macro. That account
will be used for the sending too, so the correct smtp-server will be
selected automatically. With an outgoing filter you can put the
messages back in your master account and you're done.
The %account macro can be put into a folder template. When you're
using address book macros you'd need to fine tune a bit with
quick-templates, but nothing that can't be managed.
I have to admit that this setup would take the charm from a one
master account configuration. That is depending of course for your
reasons why you'd like a master account. But most setups would be
served as well with separate accounts and some common folders.

--
Groetjes, Roelof