Dear Roelof,

 --->>> Roelof Otten / Dienstag, 30.07.2002, 15:52:26
        Working with a Collect Account

EC>> Here my two questions:
> Actually I see three questions. ;-)

Right - Inserted a question later and didn't read through again *gg*

> ... except maybe some synchronization of mail collects.

That's the point. When I'm on Expedition I want to collect with
different 'collect' Accounts the various eMails. The split is made 'by
Importance'. When I then download my eMail by Mobile Connection I need
only to select the 'collect' Account of high Importance. When on a
fast and/or Fixed line I can download also the others.
An other advantage is, when you connect to say three or four Servers
(with Hamster as example) you may use more time as you need to make
more than one Connection. If one Server doesn't work you may try and
try. This all will cost you something at the end of the month.
When you only need to Connect to 'one' server it work or not - that's
it and you try in one or two day's again.

> Just like a normal account, I suppose. I haven't done anything
> special, apart for filters for every address (both incoming and
> sent)

Ok under Account Properties I set the 'collect' Account Info. This is
clear to me.

EC>> - Where do I store the Certificate for each of the accounts (e.g.
EC>> Y!a1, Y!a2, ...)
> Don't know, don't use those.

Hope some other know this answer ...

EC>> Please Note: the Name of the 'collect' Account should never be
EC>> show - also not in the Header.

> That's not that complicated. For every folder you can insert an
> identity (Name, address, reply-to), ...

I did this too.

> As far as your sending problem is concerned, find an isp that allows
> every outgoing address as long as you connect via it's own
> connections.

Do you know a good one?

> Or find an e-mail provider that allows any outgoing address as long
> as you use 'pop before smtp'. My own solution is running my own
> smtp-server, but that shouldn't be necessary for you.

Will check with my provider

Tell me, can it be done with ADR? If yes, have you experience in
setting it up to work with TB!?

> But you can use the additional accounts for sending only.

Ah you mean having a real Account set up with all the Login and Send
parameters.

But also here I must look to have my Mobile Cost as low as possible.
The way I understand ADR this could bypass the ISP when sending.

> I have to admit that this setup would take the charm from a one
> master account configuration. ...

s.a.

--
best regards