Hallo Eddie,

On Tue, 30 Jul 2002 16:21:57 +0200GMT (30-7-02, 16:21 +0200GMT, where
I live), you wrote:

>> As far as your sending problem is concerned, find an isp that allows
>> every outgoing address as long as you connect via it's own
>> connections.
EC> Do you know a good one?

Actually my current ISP allows for it, but that's a Dutch cable
provider, so it's not really a solution for you. ;-)

>> Or find an e-mail provider that allows any outgoing address as long
>> as you use 'pop before smtp'.
EC> Will check with my provider

That might be the best solution. IIRC gmx supports it, but that's only
secondhand for me, I never tried them.

EC> Tell me, can it be done with ADR?

Yes, but I think that's the opposite from your actual wishes. ADR
connects directly to the ISP of the recipient. So if you send one
message to Marck, Allie, Pit and myself, ADR will send it four times,
to: silverstones.com, ac-matin.com, zentrumderarbeit.org and
krakeel.org That's not the behaviour you're wishing for. You're in a
position where online time is expensive and has to be cut as much as
possible. So you want to connect to one smarthost that takes care of
the delivering and that's preferably as close as possible to your
ISP's dial-in server.

EC> If yes, have you experience in setting it up to work with TB!?

I've tried it once, a long time ago before I bought a copy of MDaemon
(which was replaced by Mailtraq afterwards). It's rather easy to
setup, no matter what client you use.

>> But you can use the additional accounts for sending only.
EC> Ah you mean having a real Account set up with all the Login and Send
EC> parameters.

Yes.

EC> But also here I must look to have my Mobile Cost as low as possible.
EC> The way I understand ADR this could bypass the ISP when sending.

Yes, it does, but that's also the reason why ADR isn't your best
solution. However if you're going to use ADR (or postcastserver that has
the same possibilities, but is free) or a complete mailserver (Mercury
is for free) than you could use multiple accounts in TB, because it
would still only use one smtp-server at localhost.

I've checked postcastserver last year and it seemed reliable.
--
Groetjes, Roelof