Paul-

Monday, October 28, 2002, 7:17:46 AM, you wrote:

PC> hey gang,
PC> I finally got my wife to try TB !
PC> Now, all I need is her OL folders. I was able to import her addressbook.
PC> The birthday field was a NO-NO, after the import, when I tried to modify
PC> any entry I got an error message about date code invalid. Re-import with
PC> no BIRTHDAY field and it is fine.
PC> who has the latest, best-easiest method to import Outlook folders???

PC> thanks

There are a couple of things to watch for here. The first, as you've
discovered, is to ignore the birthday field.

The second, in my experience, is to simplify the folder names in
Outlook before going over to TB to do the import. The problem is that
Outlook doesn't have "real" folders since everything is in one file -
therefore Outlook can get away with naming conventions that the OS
can't deal with. Then when you try to import the PST file, TB tries to
create folders with these names and bombs out. I've had users create
Outlook folder names with punctuation, dates, etc, and had to rename
them first to keep TB from hanging during the import process.

-Mark Wieder

 Using The Bat! v1.61 on Windows 2000 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 2