On Monday, October 28, 2002, 11:42 PM, you wrote:

>> I can confirm that importing messages from OL IS a problem. The mail
>> import wizard crashes after every folder is imported. SO, my sequence
>> for importing mail from OL
>> is:
>> start wizard, select OL, UNSELECT all folders. scroll down and select
>> ONE folder. hit OK, it crashed,

TF> Make smaller folders and import them one-by-one.

TF> IMHO the crash is caused by what I think is a not-so-perfect design of
TF> the import wizard: it appears to make heavy use of RAM, and when
TF> that's full, it'll crash on you. So, if you divide your OL folders
TF> into smaller folders, it'll import those without problems, if done
TF> one-by-one.

nope, I had folders with 1 message in them. It did the import and still
crashed.
the answer was to log out, log back in and run the import process using
OE. I had just created the OE account and pulled all of her mail into OE
from OL. the TB wizard didn't recognize the OE setup until I had logged
out and back in. the TB import wizard worked FINE once I selected OE, it
found my profile and pulled in all of the folders at one time, nicely
done! Why can't it do that with Outlook ??????

--
 Paul
Using The Bat! v1.62/Beta7 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600