Hello Richard,

On Sun, 3 Nov 2002 21:21:01 +0000 GMT (04/11/02, 04:21 +0700 GMT),
Richard Wakeford wrote:

MAU>> If the message includes an attachment it will be send
MAU>> along with each message, in your case 55 times. If you want to only
MAU>> send the attachment once you will have to include the 55 addresses in
MAU>> the TO, CC or BCC fields. But then you can't personalise the message.

> I thought as much :-(

Funny, I don't undersand your sentiment. Personalisation was the exact
reason for the mass mailing feature. Please explain why this is not so
good.

Also, by using the mass mailing feature, you are instructing TB to
send 55 individual mails. How can TB do that without attaching the
file to each one?

> Well, it's going to have to be BCC for the big attachments but I do
> have ADSL so, if I'm prepared to wait whilst they are all sent, it
> will be OK.

If you want to send the attachment only once, why is BCC is an option
you would want to chose? How else do you want to send only one message
to 55 recipients?

I am asking because I am not quite sure what it is that you really
want to do: Either you want to send individual messages (in which case
each message needs the attachments seperately, and in which case also
the mail will be personalised), or you want to send only one message
(so that yu send the attachment only once, but that means all 55
recipients must be listed in the TO, CC or BCC field).

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Warum hatte Bach so viele Kinder, Kant jedoch kein einziges? - Weil
Bach sich auf die Kunst der Fuge verstand, waehrend Kant nur das Ding
an sich betrachtet hat.

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.62/Beta7
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using an AMD Athlon K7 1.2GHz, 128MB RAM