Hello Thomas,

Mon, 4 Nov 2002 at 12:30:24[GMT +0700](05:30 where I live) you wrote
in mid:15144815284.20021104123024@;gmx.net :

TF> Funny, I don't undersand your sentiment. Personalisation was the exact
TF> reason for the mass mailing feature. Please explain why this is not so
TF> good.

I send out a monthly Newsletter and last month, the first time I used
TB! to do this, I was sure that the attachment went once even though I
used "Mass mailing using template." I now realise that it can't have
done because, in using the template, the attachment is put into it so
each recipient must get it separately but that's really why I asked
the question in the first place.

TF> If you want to send the attachment only once, why is BCC is an
TF> option you would want to chose? How else do you want to send only
TF> one message to 55 recipients?

I just thought that, maybe (and in my naivety), individual mass
mailing could work as BCC as far as attachments were concerned :-)

TF> I am asking because I am not quite sure what it is that you really
TF> want to do: Either you want to send individual messages (in which case
TF> each message needs the attachments seperately, and in which case also
TF> the mail will be personalised), or you want to send only one message
TF> (so that yu send the attachment only once, but that means all 55
TF> recipients must be listed in the TO, CC or BCC field).

Well I want both :-) I realise that, if I have a particularly large
newsletter to send it would be quicker to use BCC but that I will
normally use the mass mailing as I do have ADSL so it's no real
problem. It boils down to me just being a bit thick :-(
Thanks for your patience though.

Richard

"Don't turn away from possible futures before you're certain you don't
have anything to learn from them."

The Bat! 1.62/Beta6 with Windows 2000 (build 2195), version 5.0
Service Pack 2 and Opera.