On Saturday, November 9, 2002, 9:43 PM, you wrote:

PC>> I recommend AVG to all my friends, most of whom had Mcafee or Norton
PC>> installed on their PC's, but had let the coverage lapse because of the
PC>> subscription cost. better to have an up-to-date AVG than a year-old
PC>> Norton:)

r> virus bulletin tests against current and not so current viruses.

r> In feb 2002 Grisoft AVG missed 1 in-the-wild virus, 26 macro viruses, 181
r> polymorphic viruses and 56 standard viruses. This was tested on
r> windows ME machine.

r> Theres an old saying, "you get what you pay for"

AVG does have a PAY - PRO version, so everything they do isn't for free,
and both the free & pay programs probably use the same virus definition
files. Most times, I AGREE you get what you pay for, but with virus
programs, I'm not so sure. I kinda like more than one program, to either
complement or extra protection myself, but I'm not sure running two
programs is a good thing ( system slowdowns, other problems..)

but like I said, if people are too cheap to pay for updates, then an
updated free program is better than nothing. I'll continue to tell my
friends about AVG :)

--
 Paul
Using The Bat! v1.62/Beta7 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600