Hello Perry,

On Sat, 09 Nov 2002 08:43:39 -0500 GMT (09/11/02, 20:43 +0700 GMT),
Perry Nelson wrote:

>   While it might not provide sufficient technical detail to satisfy
>   your curiosity, here is the link to the description of their
>   procedure.

>   http://toronto.virusbtn.com/vb100/about/100procedure.xml

Marck and Paul have already commented on this, and I don't want to
send a "mee too". (Oops, too late.)

> I find it interesting that the sponsors of VB2002 were ESET, the
> makers of NOD32, among others, such as Computer Associates, Sophos,
> also a AV maker.

Well spotted. There goes the "independence" claim. My philosophy (and
this has to do with economics rather than computing) is that no
company that needs sponsors or advertising customers can be considered
independent.

For examples of independent organisations, try "Consumer Reports", and
the German equivalent "Stiftung Warentest".

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

"How come we choose from just two people for president and 50 for Miss
America?"

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.62/Beta7
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using an AMD Athlon K7 1.2GHz, 128MB RAM