Etm, [E] wrote:

E> Sorry, folks, have now read today's thread, realize I freaked and
E> panicked, that some here are considering what I am considering, a
E> buy-now, use-later. How flakey is the new release?

I wouldn't describe the new release as flakey if all you use are POP3
accounts. It's just that it's possible that the major enhancements may
not interest you.

These are:

Full IMAP support which is completely new and apparently full of
wrinkles. :)

Alternative Plain Text Editor and HTML Editor. These may not interest
you.

PGP/MIME as well as PGP 7&8 support.

A Scheduler.

If you think you will or may have interest in these features then I
strongly suggest upgrading since the current functionality from v1.62 is
preserved and improved upon in some instances. Of course there'll be a
few having problems as will always be the case with a major upgrade.

--
 -= allie_M =- | List Moderator
PGPKeys: http://www.ac-martin.com/pgpkeys.html