Dear Thomas,

@6-Apr-2004, 12:35 +0700 (06-Apr 06:35 UK time) Thomas Fernandez
[TF] in mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED] said to Marck:

CB>>> How could information that was intended to curb abuse be
CB>>> suspicious?

MDP>> Because it does not conform to standards - any standards.

TF> Except the RFC dealing with X-headers, I believe.

While that's true, there's something about these particular headers
that are suspicious.

... <snip>

Okay - maybe I didn't think that through completely.

MDP>> The list server software hasn't got a clue what they are and
MDP>> can't read English. It just sees them as non-standard and
MDP>> therefore suspicious.

TF> That's a bug in the list server software then. It should ignore
TF> any X-headers it doesn't have a clue about.

Usually it does - but not these.

TF> IMHO. Instead, it chooses to  raise an arbitrary alarm that
TF> cannot even be turned off.

Here's why I think they really are suspicious - they are multiple.
Surely any X header should only appear once. In these messages there
are 6 X-AntiAbuse: headers. That just can't be right!

--
Cheers -- //.arck D Pearlstone -- List moderator
TB! v2.05 Beta/14 on Windows XP 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1