Hello Marck,

On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 08:09:14 +0100 GMT (06/04/2004, 14:09 +0700 GMT),
Marck D Pearlstone wrote:

TF>> the list server software is at fault. IMHO, of course.

MDP> It's open source - you get what you pay for!

I didn't know you pay for open source. ;-)

MDP> I'm not about to rewrite the module myself

Now I am really disappointed. :-(

MDP> and the team responsible don't care so we're stuck with it.

In that case, we should just write  antoher list server software and
compete with them, what do you think?

MDP> Hence my request to the person whose mails are causing the problem
MDP> to clean it up at their end.

This may be the easiest (and this case sensible) solution indeed. In
the future, we should point out that "die to a shortcoming blabla" and
not make it look like it's the sender's fault - but ensure that he
understands how to help. I agree with you that no other way seems to
be realistic at the moment.

MDP> I still think that more than one instance of an X-header has to
MDP> be a violation of RFC. I haven't read up on it yet so CMIIW.

I'll read up on that when I have the time. Since I am working on my
MBA thesis during today's holiday, searching the RFCs for something
not MBA-related might be a welcome break.

I cc'ed to TBOT, but don't know whether YahooGroups will accept this
address as the secondary address by now. If not, please reply to the
OT part of this message (which dwarfs the on-topic part) over there.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Signs Your Co-Worker Is A Hacker: Instead of the "Welcome" voice on
AOL, you overhear, "Good Morning, Mr./Mrs. President."

Message reply created with The Bat! 2.05 Beta/12
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using a Pentium P4 1.7 GHz, 256MB RAM