On Thu 29 July 2004, 12:53:15 +1000, Anna Lawson wrote:
> Suddenly, I can receive mail but not send it--any of it, from any of my
> three accounts. The message I get is "Did not send message--server
> relaying denied." Of my three accounts, one is forwarded from a
> Web-based mail (fastmail, which is why I can send this--thru the Web
> interface); but none of the three can send. I've checked all the
> settings and they're all correct.

It sounds as though your SMTP servers (the ones for sending mail) do not
like to accept mail from wherever it is you are connecting from. Have you
changed your connection to the Internet? You will usually get that
message if you are connected to the Internet through one ISP, and try to
use the SMTP server of another.

Another possibility is that your SMTP server will only send mail if you
have authenticated by receiving mail first. See if setting "Use POP
before SMTP authentication" is set, and if not try this (Account ->
Properties -> Transport -> Send mail authentication).

--
Robin Anson

Using The Bat! v2.12.00 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1

Running [EMAIL PROTECTED] (see: www.setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu)
   No of SETI units returned: 304