[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

JH> you know I really pity the programmers, because I think they're doing a
JH> great job, and they get kicked in their butts just as much as us users.

Jurgen I would agree IF this were the case, like it is for most of the
dozens of software programs I've owned.

HOWEVER, I highly doubt it. Even after all these years of the core users
asking rather nicely to be treated right and to have at least a semblance of
professionalism, Ritlabs STILL behaves like a bunch of fifth-graders who try
to code, do their own marketing, their own "support" or lack thereof (how
convenient to have a board like this one to take the punches and do the work
for them!) etc. etc.

One very small example which I saw months and months ago and couldn't
believe is still right smack in the middle of their home page. They claim
their software is going to "extend our lives"... You'd think they would have
corrected what at best is poor translation and at worst... well do I need to
say it? PATHETIC is the only word that comes to mind (I'm pretty sure others
wouldn't be quite that polite...)

Also, consider this. Even after the sizeable chunk kept by the various
credit card processing companies, etc. what has been coming their way for
years MUST amount to a veritable fortune in Moldavian money , according to a
reputable friend who's spent quite some time over there. Clearly the money
isn't re-invested in the company, if it were TB would have long evolved into
the mature, respectable product we all would love for it to be regarded as.

The whole thing reeks of AMATEURISM and GREED to me.

How sad, and how disappointing.

Best regards,

Miles Johnson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Using The Bat! v2.04.7 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1