me> HELP, please. I can't send or receive mail ... The first message downloads, but it
stays on the server.
Roelof Otten> ... you could try to change your settings to leave mail on server for 60
days ...
++++++++
That's not practical. I can fill up the 10 MB allowed by my ISP in less than a week.
It got up to 77% capacity today (about 2,600 messages) and I whittled it down to 55%
by deleting some list mail unread and all spam. That took me two hours on the Web, and
I only read a few. My mail is mostly professional, though, and while I can delete some
of it, I am constitutionally unable to delete unread the most verbose culprit, CE-L.

DS> Also, is there a way to pause the dispatcher, so it doesn't have to load from
scratch?
Roelof Otten> I'm not that familiar with the dispatcher as I've never used it.
++++++++
I would REALLY like it if it were easy to process messages in groups of 200 or so. I
often have more than a thousand, especially when I'm on deadline and don't check my
mail for two or three days. One of the things I like about TB is being able to delete
the trash off the server.

DS> Sending mail problems ... Server reports error. The response is: TLS not available
Roelof Otten>   Account -> Properties -> Transport -> Send mail -> connection: regular
                       press the authentication button on the same screen
                          check: Use SMTP authentication
                          select: use  mail retrieval settings
++++++++
TB> Server reports error. The response is: incorrect authentication data.

However, on another account, I unticked "use POP before SMTP," and ticked "use SMTP
authentication," "use specific settings" (and put in mail address and password)--and
that worked for a test mail to myself. Or at least it SEEMED to. Still can't download.

Cheers,
Deborah
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]