Donna asks: "For those of you who weren't at the STC conference, I'm
just curious why."

I haven't attended an STC conference since the late 90s -- it got to the
point where I didn't find the sessions that educational or useful, and
it was too difficult to get into the sessions I thought I might like
(the room filled up before I arrived).

I've done a lot of business travel . . . I've reached the point in my
life where I don't enjoy it anymore and try to avoid it (vacation is
different!).  If and when the conference is closer to home, I might go.

jan.
jan e patterson
sr technical writer - environmental systems products - tucson, az

Author Help files and create printed documentation with Doc-To-Help.
New release adds Team Authoring Support, enhanced Web-based help
technology and PDF output. Learn more at www.doctohelp.com/tcp.

DOCUMENTATION & TRAINING WEST 07: THE USER EXPERIENCE

April 18-21, 2007 ~ Vancouver BC ~ Marriott Pinnacle ~ free city tour
40+ sessions * free workshops * free iPod offer * www.doctrain.com