None of those reasons? Coulda made the time, money's not an issue, not a
problem with travel or family.

As I said in another thread, STC no longer provides me with any value. I get
far more value from specialized conferences, such as WritersUA. If I attend
a conference, I'd much prefer to go to one where I have to struggle to
decide which session to attend amongst several in a single time frame.
Rather than finding that there are several times in which there isn't a
single thing that interests me.

General ennui with STC has been an issue for the last couple of years. If
STC would step into the 21st century a bit more, I'd love it. I know they've
made some steps in the right direction, and I understand the sessions were
better this year than in the past (I mean, really, how many sessions do you
need on writing a resume or finding a job in a crummy market?), but still
not enough to excite me.

Without excitement, why bother?

I think STC can have a lot of value for incoming/newbie types. But when you
get to be an old hag like me, the value of attending an annual conference
diminishes greatly.

...sue

On 5/18/07, Jones, Donna <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> <snip>

For those of you who weren't at the STC conference, I'm just curious
> why. Was it a money thing? A time away from work thing? A total lack of
> interest in STC thing? For me the last several years, it was a family
> thing. My kids were young enough that it was difficult for me to go.
> Although my mother-in-law (my primary babysitter while I was gone) would
> probably disagree, it was fairly easy for me to attend this year.

Author Help files and create printed documentation with Doc-To-Help.
New release adds Team Authoring Support, enhanced Web-based help
technology and PDF output. Learn more at www.doctohelp.com/tcp.

DOCUMENTATION & TRAINING WEST 07: THE USER EXPERIENCE

April 18-21, 2007 ~ Vancouver BC ~ Marriott Pinnacle ~ free city tour
40+ sessions * free workshops * free iPod offer * www.doctrain.com