"Robinson, Greg" <greg.robin...@dsto.defence.gov.au> writes:

> Wanted some input on the maintenance contract vs. hot/luke warm/cold
> spares debate.  What does your $work do, and is it value for money?

My experience working for people who have support contracts has been
that convincing your fancy support people that an intermittent
problem needs more than a reboot is usually just as hard (sometimes harder)
than just fixing the problem myself, so  I keep spares on-hand.

On the other hand, when your power supply catches fire or the machine
is otherwise broken in a way that a non-technical person can see as broken,
both dell and HP support is excellent.