() Has anyone brought up the alternative of using Homeplug networking over
() your house wiring instead of a wireless bridge?  I've been considering
() that option as well for connecting my directv boxes to the internet.
()
() http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homeplug

Using a couple dLan 200 devices from Devolo (which appear not
to sell into the US but are listed as members of the Homeplug
alliance for what it's worth) without any trouble, all on
the same phase of the power line as suggested.  These are
independent wall warts, no central switch, encryption is 128bit
AES.

    Ciao, Lobo