On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 3:30 PM, Marc Espie <es...@nerim.net> wrote:
> I'm not going to comment on the mail itself, but I've seen a lot of
incredibly
> dubious articles on the net over the last few days.
>
> - use your brains, people. Just because a guy does say so doesn't mean
there's
> a backdoor. B Ever heard about FUD ?
>
> - of course OpenBSD is going to check. Geeez!! what do you think ?

I'm really sorry to pitch in here, but...

The centerpiece of this thread, besides technical details of how/whether to
prove/disprove the so-called accusations, seems to be an argument on
whether Perry's purely FUD'ing, promoting his company/pages, creating
the buzz, or whether his words should be taken for their face value.

I have to say that Perry here is credited with one thing he actually did not
do -- publish this to the world. There has been talk of alterior motives
here,
but for any of these motives, Perry had to know or pretty damn well guessed
that  the second thing Theo (hi, Theo) would do to his email was to publish
it.
Would you plan anything based on a predicted behavior of a person you
haven't communicated with in 10 years?

This is not to point finger at Theo for creating all this commotion, of
course;
this commotion can, however, be, an unintended accident, but the fact that
it came from Theo gave it a lot of credibility.

[skipped]