> On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 3:30 PM, Marc Espie <es...@nerim.net> wrote:
> > I'm not going to comment on the mail itself, but I've seen a lot of
> incredibly
> > dubious articles on the net over the last few days.
> >
> > - use your brains, people. Just because a guy does say so doesn't mean
> there's
> > a backdoor. B Ever heard about FUD ?
> >
> > - of course OpenBSD is going to check. Geeez!! what do you think ?
>
> I'm really sorry to pitch in here, but...
>
> The centerpiece of this thread, besides technical details of how/whether to
> prove/disprove the so-called accusations, seems to be an argument on
> whether Perry's purely FUD'ing, promoting his company/pages, creating
> the buzz, or whether his words should be taken for their face value.

As for promoting his company, someone yesterday showed me this:

http://www.sunbiz.org/scripts/ficidet.exe?action=DETREG&docnum=G09000158184&rdocnum=G09000158184

Look at the line marked Status.

> I have to say that Perry here is credited with one thing he actually did not
> do -- publish this to the world. There has been talk of alterior motives here,
> but for any of these motives, Perry had to know or pretty damn well guessed
> that  the second thing Theo (hi, Theo) would do to his email was to publish
> it.
> Would you plan anything based on a predicted behavior of a person you
> haven't communicated with in 10 years?
>
> This is not to point finger at Theo for creating all this commotion, of
> course;
> this commotion can, however, be, an unintended accident, but the fact that
> it came from Theo gave it a lot of credibility.

Whoa, wait a second here.  If you think I gave it credibility, you
need to go back and read my words again.  I called it an allegation,
and I stick with that.  I was extremely careful with my words, and you
are wrong to interpret them as you do.