>On Sun, Nov 09, 2014 at 23:44, Nick Holland wrote:
>> own.  You will have a lot of testing to do.  You will note that while
>> deleting rwhod was undoubtedly exciting for developers, actually putting
>> it on current.html -- so I could put it on upgrade56.html -- was not
>> nearly as much fun and never happened
>
>For very much the same reasons you mentioned. There's no reason why
>leaving it or many other deleted programs behind would cause
>trouble, and the instructions end up bloating the page. Following
>current should be relatively easy; hundreds of lines of shell commands
>that need to be run very precisely works against that principle.
>
>I'm the developer who deleted rwho, and yet lookie here:
>
>ll /usr/bin/rwho
>-r-xr-xr-x  1 root  bin  11160 Mar 24  2014 /usr/bin/rwho*
>
>Oh noes! Oh noes! Oh noes!

This is the email where I call a few people fanatics.

Originally, this web page did not exist.

When it first arrived, basically it said "If in doubt, reinstall"

Later, it started having some hints so that you could get from point A
to point B during a make build; basically it would advise for deleting
some .h files which would get in the way during a new 'make build'.

Then a few thinks not in that scope got added.

And now some fanatics want this to be an authoritative document
detailing how to emulate a 'fresh install' on top of their upgrade
cycle.

Yes, you are quite plainly fanatics.  I am tempted to fanatic right
back at you, by deleting everything in the web page that isn't needed
to help make build.