Agreed that 100% is the goal - and I'm prepared to try and help
achieve this. I already think what is done is pretty damn
good - it far exceeds *my* expectations.

You've obviously never flown in Australia. 100% of flights *do
not* leave on time. There are errors and glitches - but fortunately
nothing catastrophic. Getting back to topic, is having an
old binary (rwhod) not deleted during an upgrade catastrophic?
I don't think so.

I can't fault the current process for OpenBSD.

Cheers, Michael