Randy Kobes wrote:
On Thu, 8 May 2003, Stas Bekman wrote:

The problem with providing a replacement for Apache::test is
that some people are going to reinstall older mod_perl versions
and kill the overriden file.

That's certainly true in general (for case-preserving but
otherwise case-insensitive file systems) - I just thought I'd
clarify why this problem never really arose before on ActivePerl
Win32. There, mod_perl 1 works with perl-5.6.1 but not with
perl-5.8.0 (due to large files support), and mod_perl 2 works
with perl-5.8.0, but not (practically speaking) with perl-5.6.1.
So it's very rare that Apache::test and Apache::Test would get
installed within the same Perl tree, at least while these two
were tied to particular mod_perl versions.

Cool. What about MacOSX? Any other systems?

The other issue is that we have to ship and install Test.pm and test.pm, because mp1 users will need test.pm on case-sensitive systems. On case insensitive systems only one of these will be installed (the other will overwrite the first one).