David Wheeler wrote:
On Monday, June 16, 2003, at 02:42  AM, Stas Bekman wrote:

OK, here is the patch that nukes Apache/test.pm. Please test it on case-insensitive systems (if you don't have Apache/test.pm, please add it just to test). Once you confirm that it works, I release Apache::Test 1.03, so we can go ahead with the new libapreq release.

Applied to CVS copy.

If this is what you mean, it should work:

mercury% perl Makefile.PL
    generating script t/TEST
Makefile.PL has found old copies of Apache/test.pm which will
be removed to prevent collisions with Apache::Test.

CPAN authors are advised to either use Apache::testold or port their
test suite to Apache::Test which works with both mod_perl generations.
unlink /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/darwin/Apache/test.pm
!!! Failed to delete /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/darwin/Apache/test.pm, please make sure to delete /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/darwin/Apache/test.pm at Makefile.PL line 106.
Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good
Writing Makefile for Apache::Test

So I deleted /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/darwin/Apache/test.pm and all is well.

Any idea why has it failed to delete the file? I've copied the code from forceunlink sub in MakeMaker (which is called on UNINST=1), it changes the mode to 0666 and then attempts to delete the file.

Gonna try to carve out some time this week to port MasonX::ApacheHandler::WithCallbacks to Apache::Test :-)

Cool!