--- Begin Message ---
[ This message is resent on behalf of David Wheeler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.
-- justin ]

On Monday, May 5, 2003, at 05:19  PM, Geoffrey Young wrote:

> ok, so it's not like that I don't believe that this is an issue, but I
> don't believe you - if you have Apache/test.pm and you install 2.0
> then Apache/Test.pm would replace the existing file, no?  that's why
> Apache2 is around for all the mod_perl based stuff - to keep
> Apache::Filter from 2.0 from cloberring Apache::Filter from 1.0

The problem is not when you install mod_perl2 (though it might be, I
honestly have no idea). The problem is when you have mod_perl1 and
install Apache::Test from CPAN. No mp2 involved.

> if installing Apache::Test doesn't clobber Apache::test on
> case-insensitive installations, _that_ seems like a bug to me :)

Agreed. See http://rt.perl.org/rt2/Ticket/Display.html?id=22077

Regards,

David
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                              ICQ: 15726394
                                                Yahoo!: dew7e
                                                Jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

--- End Message ---