On Tue, Jan 12, 2016 at 6:06 PM, Samuel Sieb <sam...@sieb.net> wrote:
> On 01/12/2016 08:37 AM, Kamil Paral wrote:
>>
>> Do you have some other ideas/proposals, in general or in some specific
>> situations regarding the slip length?
>>
> I'm wondering if there would be interest in hosting a file containing
> upgrade requirements for each version.  For example it could have the
> package version requirements needed for a successful upgrade.  The upgrade
> tool could check that and warn the user.

One of my concerns is the state of ca-legacy, and whether and how this
gets disabled on upgrades. I'm sure there are some other things that
have ex post facto unsafe defaults that just stick around through
upgrades rather than being reset to new defaults. In my opinion that
would violate the Workstation PRD "Upgrading the system multiple times
through the upgrade process should give a result that is the same as
an original install of Fedora Workstation."

--
Chris Murphy