Gert Kessels wrote:
Sorry Christof, I can't find any news in the HOW TO section. I have a
running environment for both, MusixTeX and PMX. It should be possible to use
the binary executable from the zip-file, but the only way left seems
donwloading TurboPascal and figuring out why prepmx produces the errors.

I'm quite sure that the problem is UNIX vs. DOS line endings. The example scores have UNIX line endings, and if you run those through prepmx without converting them to DOS line endings you get the error message you described. So the answer is to convert the example scores to DOS line endings. This is done automagically if you use "unzip" with the "-a" option; this is stated in the "README" file. I'm not sure if WinZip can do this automagically; if not, you can do as stated in the "README" file under "Text file formats" or use a separate tool for converting, such as e.g. "tofrodos" ( http://www.thefreecountry.com/tofrodos/index.shtml ).

Tomas

--
Tomas Lundberg, Ph.D.      E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
EAB/TVP/P                  Tel:    +46 (0)920 - 202361