> Wow... Leave for a day and you miss a lot...  I am glad to hear that Gert
> found the answer needed.  I want to add that I frequently use a utility
> called FLIP to convert whole directories from Unix to MS-DOS line endings.
>
> There are many utilities named FLIP, so a search on Google will bring up a
> lot, but this FLIP is the one I recommend.  (This is for Windows PC Systems,
> where the user knows how to use the MS-DOS Prompt and do basic operations
> from the 'command line.')

It's good to distribute infos about useful tools. Thanks Joel. I'd like to
add a remark/question. Upon Gerds problem I peeked in the prepmx sources
for file IO operations. The fopen commands in the p2c sources show indeed
only mode "r", resp. "w" (binary), as opposed to "rt", resp. "wt"
(text). Thus files are treated in binary mode. Using gcc on UN*X I never
had line ending problems when using text mode. At least the glibc routines
seem to be smart enough. However, I don't know how that is on the DOS/WIN
side and if there is a similar feature available in PASCAL (in which MTX
seems to be written originally). If so, it might be useful to apply a
corresponding patch which avoids the problem in future.

regards
Bernhard