Le mar 22/06/2004 à 10:31, Stefan Svensson a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> > \input plainenc\relax\fontencoding{T1}\inputencoding{latin1}
>
> I tried this, but it does not work with the T1 font encoding. Using
> default font encoding, it works. Anyone has a clue why? (Using MikTeX).

The problem is due to the fact that you need to use the EC fonts instead
of the CM fonts. There is two solutions:

1) Specify manually, for each font, to use EC font: for example, say
\font\ectenrm=ecrm1000 and then add {\ectenrm "some text"}.
This solution is easy to apply, but very specific, and therefore ugly.

2) Build a new plain format which contains the EC fonts: you have to
download
http://www.tug.org/tex-archive/nonfree/language/french/frenchpro/french/initex/ecplain.tex
Then build the new format with
initex ecplain
This produces a file ecplain.fmt; move it in the right folder (web2c
with tetex)
texhash or mktexlsr
tex your file with tex --fmt ecplain file.tex to use your new format
which automatically uses EC fonts.
This solution is really the best one, since you don't have to modify
your sources, but you have to build a new format.

Olivier