\input plainenc\relax\fontencoding{T1}\inputencoding{latin1}

I tried this, but it does not work with the T1 font encoding. Using default font encoding, it works. Anyone has a clue why? (Using MikTeX).

The problem is due to the fact that you need to use the EC fonts instead of the CM fonts. There is two solutions:

Let us take one step backwards. I know I asked why T1 font encoding didn't work, but since ordinary TeX font encoding works, why should I use T1 fonts anyway? I use T1 fonts because everybody else seem to recommend it, but I really don't know why. What is the advantages over TeX fonts?

As you might understand, I'm not an expert on TeX. At least, not yet. :-)

Stefan

--
Stefan Svensson                     Phone: +46-90-135000
Himlastigen 14                      WWW: http://raggmunk.nu/