On Oct 18, 2004, at 8:04 PM, Dirk Laurie wrote:

Surely there must be a compiler option for Turbo Pascal source
compatibility.

There are --borland-pascal and --delphi which have the same effect on the mtx sources, making string size warnings disappearing, but "notes.pas:159: error: `name' is a keyword in Borland Pascal" appears, furthermore --ignore-function-result is needed. Alas, the "strings.pas:46: error: constant out of range" problem persists.

I hope, you don't misunderstand my postings. I'm not complaining about your choice for free pascal. Just trying to sort out what could be done to be able to compile mtx with the gnu compiler collection, which commonly exists on UN*X platforms, also Mac OSX and CygWin, thus may simplify maintenance of installations "out there".

regards
Bernhard