Vedran Vucic wrote:
Dear colleagues,

I do want to reccomend to AGNULA team (www.agnula.org) to include in thier
distribution some typesetting programs for music scores so the students and
music schools and academies can use them.   Can you recommed me some programs
that may be suitable for that purpose.

I encourage you to have a look at the music notation section of the site 'Sound & MIDI Software For Linux', http://linuxsound.atnet.at/. There you'll find references to quite a few typesetting programs incl. musixtex et al.

All programs, incl. typesetters, have their advantages and drawbacks. My personal favourites are

- M-Tx: open source, non WYSIWG, intuitively easy to use text input interface, complicated to install, beautiful music graphic results, limitations on number of score staves

- MUP: shareware, non WYSIWG, easy intuitively easy to use text input interface, very advanced macro facilities, music graphic results not as fine as musixtex's, high max number of score staves

I've previously been working a little with the GNU LilyPond music typesetter. It is extremely advanced and powerfull and renders quite fine music graphis. To my personal taste its text input interface is too much like a programming language.

Best wishes,

Vedran Vucic

Christian Mondrup, Sheet Note Editor
Werner Icking Music Archive