On Wednesday 20 October 2004 06:47 am, Christian Mondrup wrote:
> Andre Van Ryckeghem wrote:
> > 1. In a xtuplet with F,  only the main note of the chord has a dot.
> >
> > 2. In the following code, which output line is correct. The 2nd?
> >
> > Thanks for helping
> > Andre
> >
> > ===========
> >  1    1      2       4        2      4        0      0
> >
> >    1     2     16        0

> > ./
> > w500
> > f2Fx3n3 zad  a  /
> > m9898
> > f4dDx3 za f a4dx3 a a a4d /
> > m4444
> > f4dDx3 za f a4dx3 a a a4 /
> > f4Dx3 za f a4x3 a a a4 a /
> > %
> > L2
> > m2424
> > \pt2\ f2Fx3n3 zad  a  /
> > m9898
> > \pt2\pt0\ f4dDx3 za \pt0\ f \pt2\ a4dx3 \pt2\ a \pt2\ a a4d /
> > m4444
> > \pt2\pt0\ f4dDx3 za \pt0\ f \pt2\ a4dx3 \pt2\ a \pt2\ a a4 /
> > f4Dx3 za f a4x3 a a a4 a /
> > =================
>
> To my best knowledge all notes belonging to a chord with a dotted note
> value must be dotted. My favourite music notation reference, Gardner
> Read, Music Notation confirms that along with detailed rules on where
> place dots in case of small chord intervals. The notation of the
dotted
> quarter-note in your example line 1 bar 1 does not adhere to the
noation
> standard described by Gardner Read.

Look out!  My copy is old enough to be wrong in this regard.  That
is why Gardner Read is very low on my list.  If
you have a recent revised copy it should be ok.

If there are 2+ voices on one staff, line notes on a downward stem
should have the dots in the spaces below.  daveA

--
The "information economy" is a fantasy.  Information about what?
The "global economy" is a myth.  All economics is local.