yet melted on impact into harmless liquid that wouldn't ricochet back at
you.

Jerry.

In a message dated 2/21/2010 9:10:53 P.M. Central Standard Time,
lkpa...@sbcglobal.net writes:

Might  make a good mystery/shoot-‘em-up book.

From: Mark Minton  [mailto:mmin...@illinoisalumni.org]
Sent: Sunday, February 21, 2010  9:08 PM
To: texascavers@texascavers.com
Subject:  [Texascavers] Re: cave guns

While it might conceivably be  useful to carry a gun _to_ a cave entrance
(although not in my personal 40+  years experience), I cannot see any reason
at all to carry a gun _into_ a  cave. Firing a gun in a cave would risk
serious personal injury due to the  dangers of ricochet, not to mention that
there is very likely nothing in a  cave that would be threatening enough to
warrant having a gun. Anything worthy  of a gun would be obvious almost
immediately, like a bear or a lion, and there  would likely be plenty of
advance
warning (like scat or remains of prey) so  that one could get away before
needing to fire. Except for some possibly  extreme situations, this is a
ridiculous concept.

Mark  Minton