Good grief. What ever happened to caving for the fun of caving and why do
we need all the technology BS. Only about .01% of anyone actually gives a
damn what covers do. Who needs drones? And all this GPS crap. I don't even
use a cell phone.
On my way!

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 7:11 PM, Charles Goldsmith via Texascavers <
texascavers@texascavers.com> wrote:

> DJI announced a proximity camera module for their Matrice quad,
> https://developer.dji.com/guidance/ If this thing wasn't so expensive,
> I'd look at getting it, maybe if I hit the lotto!  :)
>
> On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 2:06 PM, Greg Passmore via Texascavers <
> texascavers@texascavers.com> wrote:
>
>> We use heavy lift drones for professional cinematography. The cameras
>> weigh 30-50 pounds, so the drones tend to be large and fly with severe
>> control latency (due to their mass).  You can do just about anything with
>> drones if you can afford to wreck them and not rain debris onto bystanders
>> below.  That being said, we have seen a lot of serious injuries from the
>> larger copters (over 100 stitches into a pilots face) and serious financial
>> losses (over $100k for high en rigs).  Even small drones can hurt people
>> and break formations.  So … my only real comment here is please be
>> careful.  Even toy drones with prop guards can dislodge things or hurt if
>> they fall onto you.  Big drones are damn dangerous and if you are on a cave
>> trip where large drones are in use, keep a safe distance and stay out from
>> under it.
>>
>> Greg

Charlie Loving