From: Greg Passmore via Texascavers <texascavers@texascavers.com>
To: texascavers <texascavers@texascavers.com>
Sent: Tue, Sep 29, 2015 9:07 pm
Subject: Re: [Texascavers] Drones for rigging

I think the discussion revolves around the possibility of using drones to
replace maypoles for difficult rope placement.  Cavers already use technology
for rappelling, lighting and ascending. Drones may offer a way to access ceiling
leads that are now considered inaccessible. I am old enough to remember a lot of
heated arguments over Jumars; as in “Why do we need these fancy Jumars when we
already have prussik knots!”  ;-)

via Texascavers <texascavers@texascavers.com> wrote:

> Good grief. What ever
happened to caving for the fun of caving and why do we need all the technology
BS. Only about .01% of anyone actually gives a damn what covers do. Who needs
drones? And all this GPS crap. I don't even use a cell phone.