Dirk,

Please don't apologize, you write far better in English than I do in
any other language.

I agree with you that the situation is unclear, and the response I got
did not help.

I also regret that I cannot include NET in the final package. If they
clarify the IP situation, or adopt a real license, I will of course
reconsider then.

As I said to them, I do not think there is any chance of widespread
adoption of a timekeeping system if explicit permission is required
for distribution OR commercial use. The response I received did not
point out any mis-interpretation.

Best,

Tim West