*Tony* yes I think we do and we will get even more aligned in time!

I truly respect all work, considerations, the whole iterative and
collaborative process of developing TW as a community! And I respect the
strict enough principles, that are open minded, but also preventing
everything from scattering, and actually being able to manage this
complexity! It's truly amazing and again I might not know all things that's
been considered or that exist already.

When I am prototyping I am just trying my best to listen for all of you and
combine with the way I see software design and visualise the ideas, so they
can be reflected upon and iterated again. This is the process of
exploration and creativity for the benefit of possible improvements. By no
means I am trying to invent something new, in fact I believe innovation is
about structuring the smallest existing pieces into something that improves
something. Therefore, I hope essentially the most things of this new
theme/plugin will be reused from what exist. I also hope when the prototype
and the design system develops enough, we will have some collaboratively
well thought through design decisions made, I hope there will be some
developers and TW experts who will want to make this real and coded. I
would also eventually attempt to do it on my own, but I just expect it
would take me 20x times longer and harder to do so... But I am a bit of
coder myself and I can definitely understand how things work and tweak
things.

As a designer I am primarily an advocate for the user/human experience and
enabling people to achieve outcomes they strive for with minimum effort.
Judging from the global adoption of TW (knowing the potential), from the
comments of many of us, my personal experiences as a new user and
professional expertise in software design – I let myself to make an
educated guess – some people groups and their needs are still underserved.

The design theory also tells – people have Liquid Expectations
<https://www.fjordnet.com/conversations/liquid-expectations/> that
influence their experience and adoption of any tool/service. Liquid
Expectations means our ever changing perceptions of things, and our
tendency to draw parallels between things. In terms of the interfaces, that
means, if people perceive Google as an easy to use search engine, Netflix
as a new way to get a movie in a second on demand or Uber/Lyft is the way
to order a taxi conveniently – they will expect that in every next service
of a similar category.

Same with information management systems/tools. If people are used to
certain way of working, they will expect that also from TiddlyWiki, even if
it might be much more powerful and superior to many systems out there.
Besides that, there are some general human-computer interface principles
that comes from studies in human cognition. Certain mental and physical
abilities and tendencies like a cognitive load, mental models, haptics,
aesthetics, visual perception (Gestalt Laws), eye physical vision etc.
influences the way we use technology. Also it depends on a context...

Just a small example, yesterday I bought Quine 2 app to use TW on my
iPhone. I was in bed taking notes. And it was so difficult to use TW on my
phone. The text sizes were small in most place it hurt my eyes, it was hard
to tap on many elements, everything was constantly scrolling I kept loosing
track where I am... Yet, being kind of geeky and loving TW I kept going. I
think not everyone can ignore the experience and depend directly on the
power of the tool.

Again, with my input want to advocate for the human experience of using the
tool that can support every person in this digital knowledge work and life
age.

I hope we can all work this out, continuing being open minded, keep
developing the legendary TW and make it even more approachable for broader
audiences outside tech world!;) I hope one day soon even my dad will use TW
to manage his work and life digitally ;D

Cheers,
Edgaras