Hi Tony

Here are some personal observations to consider;

>    - In TWC I found my self dependant on others releasing new versions,
>    rather than in TW5 I can use wiki text to solve almost anything.
>       - I used to go to Erics tiddlytools and the recent tab regularly
>
>  Do you mean that on TW5 you are not using plugins much?

>    - I was starting to find TWC more fragile and had a few disasters.
>
> I believe this is more or less in the past, but let me know if you have
new issues.

>    - Perhaps you have improved the saving for TWC but I now use Timimi,
>    tw-receiver and node server implementations, is TWC as rich in these?
>
> I'm not familiar with tw-reciever, but yes, Timimi for FF works with TWC,
and we have nw.js saver from Okido, node saver from James, MainTiddlySaver
in PHP from me and some others. The only thing that somewhat bothers me is
the increase of restrictions on Android 10+ where they forbid apps like
Server for PHP or Tiddloid (so that donmor had to create Tiddloid Lite
which doesn't support TWC yet). I guess, changing TWC core saving engine so
that it's closer to TW5 will allow to use Tiddloid Lite but I'm not sure
that Android devs won't restrict things further.

And also in the future, creating a transparent design (ideally common for
TWC and TW5) is vital because without it all that we'll get is more
"savers" with "some additional features" instead of an ecosystem of
adaptors where each implements the same set of features like saving images
on disk, backing up in certain schemes, loading external files etc – hence
it's difficult to promise additional features that require more IO for TW
as a whole.

>    - I now feel I can do almost anything in TW5 when TWC made me
>    dependant on more than the Google Forums.
>
> Good for you, I guess (although it's not totally clear what you mean, may
be the same as above, no need for plugins).

> I appreciate your contributions to TWC and consider them important, but at
> some point we need to jump from petrol/Gas to Electric. But we always want
> to service our antiques and some people will always remain enthusiasts of
> TWC.

Well, gas, electric and antiques are metaphors, one can't discuss much
about those in a constructive way. Those who needed to migrate and who can,
they have migrated, what can I add?

Best regards,
Yakov.