Ah! I forgot to mention that I have already edited the
*language/MissingTiddler/Hint* as well.

When I click a missing tiddler link I get as far as seeing the new tiddler,
with the correct name and it contains the contents of the
MissingTiddler/Hint, but when opened with the normal edit button or the
NewHere button added by the imported script, the tiddler remains empty when
opened, which suggests that when it gets opened something is removing the
contents..

I cant see that it would matter much but I am using TiddlyDesktop.

It is most frustrating.

Regards

JK