On Thursday, July 15, 2021 at 3:05:36 PM UTC-7 miket...@gmail.com wrote:

> Brian, yes, but it looks bad and that's what I want to avoid.
> https://i.imgur.com/Amptssc.jpg

The first problem is that the URL field will appear twice when the field
has a value:
* once because it exists as a field in the current tiddler
* and again because the input is tagged as $:/tags/EditTemplate

To fix this, you can wrap the URL EditTemplate definition in a $list
widget, like this:
<$list filter="[<currentTiddler>!has:field[url]]" variable="no_url">
<tbody>
tag="input"/></td>
</tbody>
</$list>

The second problem is that the custom URL EditTemplate definition is placed
*after* the "add new field" controls.

To fix this, you can move the custom URL EditTemplate above the "add new
field" controls:
* From the URL EditTemplate tiddler view, click on the
"$:/tags/EditTemplate" tag pill
* In the list of EditTemplate definitions, drag-and-drop to move the URL
EditTemplate above "$:/core/ui/EditTemplate/fields"

> I can make the *tags *field visible right away
> *$:/config/EditTemplateFields/Visibility/tags*, why can't I do the same
> with the *url *field?

You can.  Add another $list widget wrapper to the URL EditTemplate
definition, like this:
<$list filter="[[$:/config/EditTemplateFields/Visibility/URL]!text[hide]]"
variable="hide_url">
<$list filter="[<currentTiddler>!has:field[url]]" variable="no_url">
<tbody>
tag="input"/></td>
</tbody>
</$list>
</$list>

By default, the URL field will be shown.  If you want to hide the URL field,
just create a tiddler named *$:/config/EditTemplateFields/Visibility/URL *
and set it's text field content to "hide"

enjoy,
-e