On Feb 24, 2012, at 9:51 AM, Alex Hough wrote:

> The marketing cliche goes :"sell the sizzle not the sausage"

Well, the marketing folks are pretty good at what they do, and I don't know how
you could get the sizzle without the sausage, and the sizzle is probably part
of what I want, but it's the *sausage* that I want.

Too often the marketing folks are able to sell us "sizzle" without the
"sausage." I try to give them as few opportunities as possible--which in the
age of internet advertising is admittedly difficult--but I don't own a
television. Haven't for probably 40 years. [Yes, there's good stuff, but
there's also a lot of "sizzle."]

Eric Weir
Decatur, GA
eew...@bellsouth.net

"What does it mean...that the world is so beautiful?"

- Mary Oliver