On Feb 23, 2012, at 10:40 AM, HansBKK wrote:

> On Thursday, February 23, 2012 5:15:12 PM UTC+7, PMario wrote:
> I'm not sure, what this post should tell me.
>
> What I took away was "someone should write a (series of) post(s) describing
> how to accomplish X, Y and Z, both in Tiddlywiki and by using other available
> tools that may have advantages or disadvantages compared to TW.

That's pretty much how I saw it--except that this is only one example of the
kinds of thing developers of this project--which like TW is open-source and at
least as complex and versatile--have done to facilitate new and not-so-new
users in becoming conversant with it, learning to use it, solving problems in
using it. There is a manual, a web-site, a wiki, there are user groups, there
is a listserv.

TW has a listserv. The frequenters are extremely creative and very helpful. But
as near as I can tell anymore they are mostly developers. That makes me think
that few people are learning about TW or that those that do abandon it pretty
quickly because the skill prerequisites for using it are so high. Given its
power and versatility that is unfortunate.

I hung around here a year and a half before I began to get an idea how I might
use TW, and then I was fortunate to have a skilled developer practically do a
custom TW for me. Otherwise, I would have moved on, too.

Regards,
Eric Weir

"With an ounce of willingness, everything can change."

- Kim